Baird’s Investment Strategy Team combines diverse, extensive economic and investment experience to provide direction for Baird’s individual clients as well as institutional investors.
2018 Wealth Management Outlook
Baird’s Chief Investment Strategist, Bruce Bittles, and Director of Advanced Planning, Tim Steffen, discuss the market trends and planning topics that will be important as the year unfolds.
Stock Market Analysis and Commentary
- The Weight of the Evidence. A summary of the primary macro and market factors that influence stock prices. Updated: December 6
- Market Notes. Our review of macro and market developments over the past week, plus a look at the week ahead. Updated: January 16
- Macro Update. A closer look at the at the macro factors influencing the investing environment. Updated: January 9
- Market Commentary. A closer look at ongoing trends and themes in the financial markets. Updated: January 18
- 2018 Economic and Stock Market Update | Chart Pack. Baird’s Investment Strategy Team discusses economic and market fundamentals as well as the potential for increasing volatility in 2018. Updated: December 6
- Quarterly Reports: Q4 2017 Market Update | Q4 2017 Quarterly Tactical Call | Q4 2017 Market Chartbook
Bond Market Analysis and Commentary
- Corporate Bond Commentary. Senior Fixed Income Analyst Craig Elder offers his take on the Federal Reserve and other economic indicators moving today’s fixed income market.
Updated: December 11
- Muni Fortnightly. Senior Fixed Income Analyst Dave Violette, CFA, provides a snapshot of the current municipal market.
Updated: January 8
- 2018 Fixed Income Market Outlook. Craig Elder, Senior Fixed Income Analyst, discusses how tax reform, rising interest rates, a new Fed chair and global economic events could impact the fixed income market in 2018. Updated: January 2018